Away in PA

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Habitat for Humanity

This past weekend I decided to pay my big sister Sara a visit at her new home in Rochester, NY. We had a fabulous weekend together, and it was very special since it'd been years since she and I were able to spend time together just the two of us. On Friday I had the pleasure of working with Sara and several of her co-workers for Habitat for Humanity. Sara and I spent our day working with one of Habitat's regulars who turned out to be a distant relative of ours. He grew up in South Dakota and there was some connection between his wife and my great aunt or something along those lines. Anyways, we were part of the drywall crew, and a pretty efficient one at that...for volunteers anyway. Sara and this other guy (I can't remember his name) cut the drywall to fit while either I or Sara put up the glue, and then they held it in place while I screwed it to the wall. I felt a lot of weight on my shoulders being the screw driver-er, but they gave me a tool belt and a couple screws to learn with, and soon I was unstoppable...or something like that. Overall it was an excellent day filled with sisterly bonding, random family connections, and lots of insulation and drywall resulting in black boogers for the rest of the weekend! :)


Me showing off my sweet screw driver skills!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home